"God Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the Courage to change those things I can, and the Wisdom to know the difference"


Cherokee Prayer Blessing:
May the Warm Winds of Heaven
Blow softly upon your house.
May the Great Spirit
Bless all who enter there.
May your Mocassins
Make happy tracks
in many snows,
and may the Rainbow
Always touch your shoulder.


Thursday, March 27, 2008

Pictures are worth a Thousand Words

*Image: Wireless Raido towers and antennas across the US. Posted February 8, 2008. <<>>>

This image really struck a cord in me. It is a reading of all of the wireless radio and cellular towers in the U.S. I couldn't believe it when I saw it! I figured I could use this image to show how widespread the wireless world really is, and the risks that may come with it.


*Image: Two girls with new "Firefly" phone. "New York Times" article by Lisa Foderaro. March 9, 2007. << http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/29/fashion/29cell.html?_r=2&pagewanted=1&oref=slogin >>

This image I plan on useing as an example of the new phones on the market for kids. This phone is the new "firefly" marketed towards children ages six to eight. Kind of sad that a market would target these young ones. They look so young, but phones are just a part of their lives now.

*Image: Three teens with cell phones. Textually.org sponcered site. November 20, 2007.
<<
http://www.textually.org/textually/archives/2007/11/018021.htm >>

Another example of the effects of cell phones on teenagers. This image shows them drinking a popular soft drink and hanging out... but none of them are talking to eachother. Instead, they talk on cell phones and this is the new "hanging out." I found it disturbing and sad that the kids no longer talk to each other. If you think about it, most times one can go to the mall and see this everyday. Kids hanging out with one another, but just talking on the phone while walking.

1 comment:

KirstenF said...

These are awesome pictures Nichole!!! Good job finding them! I love the one with the little girls and their new cell phones... it's kinda of sad that little eight year olds are getting their first cells when I didn't get one until I was about 17!